What are the top ten things I want to see in the next president? Well, this may take some forethought. I will say in advance that I'm far from a political analyst. But as a mother, educator, writer and American, my voice matters too.
(in no particular order)
1. Fearless- I want a president who is not afraid to follow his heart and do the unpopular thing. This is not the time to worry about being politically correct. We could also balance the budget better if this factor was removed.
2. Faithful- I want a president who stands by his beliefs, his family and his country. The best of the American presidents have been men of God. A president should always hold fast to the basic principles of patriotism and that pride should show daily.
3. Successfully balanced- I want a president with the know how to save a sick economy and the ability to teach more responsibility and set an example in the area of finances. Our country has a far bigger problem than a ridiculous deficit, an imbalanced budget and two parties that can't agree. We also have thousands upon thousands of Americans who don't save, spend too much on toys and vacations and use credit cards like a fat kid in a candy store, fresh off a sugar diet. This economy is sick & the next president must have some solid "know-how".
4. Honest- I want an honest president who is willing to correct his mistakes and who can keep his word.
5. Visionary- I want a visionary president who can see America in a beautiful light, teach others of his vision and then bring the country closer to that vision.
6. Integrity- One of the highest of all character traits, the next president should be one with unmistakable integrity.
7. Humble- This is by far the hardest of all traits to come by, but most important in a man leading a free and mighty nation.
8. Happy- A happy, positive president would just help the country to spin a little brighter. Plus, as Americans, we should be the happiest people on Earth. Our president has to reflect that in his personality and countenance.
9. Brilliant- (no need for an explanation here) If he's not brilliant, then which buffoons voted for him?
10. Talented- I'm picturing a president with so many talents that he almost seems inhuman. On one hand, he needs to be an athlete, but on the other hand, he should be washing the dishes. A baker, a book-balancer, a whiz at scrabble, he can also write a beautiful thesis on how to save the ever-shrinking tropical rain forests. Our president should be savvy with technology and superior at designing cabinets (not the ones for the kitchen either).
All in all, we need a really amazing man as the next president (since there are not any strong woman candidates this election year). He won't be perfect and we must know this, but the country better stop voting for the latest fad. While the party system is broken and bored of finger-pointing (at least some of us), we must be vigilant. Vote for the family man with the truest smile, the sharpest record and faith in his heart. Any idea who that might be?